Here are 5 tips to create a catalyst of motivation:
- Use Music - Instead of awaking to an alarm or radio on your alarm clock, find an alarm clock with a cd player and program it so that when the alarm goes off, you will hear your favorite song, or favorite work out song. This will enhance the "feel good" factor and get you out of bed to experience more of that feeling.
- Sleep in your exercise clothes or place them close by your bed - This solidifies the "no excuse" mantra. You'll be dressed to workout from the moment you get up.
- Plan your specific exercise routine the night before - Know if you are going to run, powerwalk, do strength training, yoga, zumba class etc. Prepare appropriately for the weather and gather your gear necessary for the routine. This helps you to be organized and develop a clear intention for your efforts.
- Get enough sleep - Go to bed at a decent hour so that you feel refreshed and will elimate hitting the snooze button.
- Get a fitness buddy - An accountability partner will motivate you more. Having someone to meet you at the gym or on the trail increases your consistency.